Eating good food while in school has always been a struggle for me. Throughout primary school I had a mix of packed lunch and school dinners. I have a vivid memory of sitting, alone, at a table with some really disgusting bolognese. The pasta was too hard and the mince was grey, chewy and grisly. If I’m honest, those bad memories of being forced to finish my awful meals are partly what caused me to turn vegetarian! Here are my meal template type-things.
⇒lettuce get started!
- peanut butter and banana sandwiches – these are delicious! (I have brown bread)
- scones – cheese, raisin, ham (not for me haha), cheese and marmite
- pizza – cheese, olives, peppers, pepperoni, ham
- bap with peanut butter, banana, almond butter, honey
- bagel with cream cheese
- French bread with roasted vegetables
- a banana
- an apple
- crudités – carrots, celery and cauliflower
- a bunch of grapes
- berries – blueberries, strawberries
- sliced carrots and houmous
- granola/cereal bar
- dark chocolate
- nuts and raisins (almonds mmm)
- a muffin
- a yoghurt
- I usually just have a reusable bottle of water (we’re cutting down on plastic)
- a carton of vanilla soya milk (the Alpro ones are amazing)
I usually have one thing from each category or more if it’s a long day or if I’m hungry. Obviously if you have any dietary requirements you could just skip that suggestion, such as not having any nuts, or you can add any meat or a different type of bread… Whatever you want!
I did 5 days of no makeup!
Find out 10 things you didn’t know about me!
Thanks for reading and let me know if you try these recipes!